10 Philly Tech Week Community Events You Can’t Miss
With more than 75 events on the Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast community calendar – and many more to come – my schedule is filled with #PTW19 activities, and yours should be too.
Choosing which events to attend will be a tough decision with so many juicy options and only one week to catch them all. In an effort to help you decide, we’ve made this list of 10 community events you won’t want to miss.
Get out your calendar and get ready to record those dates; descriptions are from the event organizers themselves:
- the 2019 HUE Technology Summit (May 3) will educate, uplift and empower women of color technologists and techpreneurs in the Delaware Valley and beyond.
- AT Start-up training and technical rapid prototyping (May 5), the founders of Y-Center and OpenForge share best practices for turning your idea into a workable business.
- Lessons from the Tech Community: Developing New Revenue Streams for Nonprofits (May 6) will explore lessons nonprofits and startups can learn from each other, and offer resources to help nonprofits scale, create alternative revenue streams, and establish relationships. financing structures.
- the Philadelphia School District encourages technology professionals to attend the Student technology showcase (May 6) to offer local students feedback on their projects ahead of a state competition.
- This year Women in the Tech Party: Special anniversary edition (May 7) will celebrate five years of bringing together talented, knowledgeable and passionate women for an evening of knowledge sharing around festive cocktails.
- RiskSec 2019 (May 8) will provide insights from thought leaders from a variety of industries, focusing on the most important issues that CISOs and other security professionals face every day. Discover new approaches to security, learn about the latest technologies and interact with the best in the business.
- The courtyard and The charge of positivity join forces to offer you an evening of relaxation and good vibes to boost your productivity in Positivity + Productivity: Rooftop Yoga + Networking @ The Yard (May 9).
- Innovation Day 2019 (May 10) will be packed with lightning talks, live demos, and interactions showcasing emerging technologies from Philadelphia’s top agencies and innovation labs.
- the 2019 Philadelphia Federal Credit Union Kensington Derby & Arts Festival (May 11) will enter its 13th year celebrating human-powered public transit, neighborhood artists and local businesses in Kensington.
Of course, I have to mention the goodies we’ve been working on for Technical.ly’s unmissable events. Tons of updates have been shared, but here is a summary of the latest:
I suggest queuing up your group texts and starting the conversation now. Now is the time to determine your plan of attack for the big week.