Galway selected as one of seven counties to pilot Community Volunteer Program – Connacht Tribune – Galway City Tribune:

Galway Bay FM Newsroom – Cope Galway won the Homeless Housing category award at the 2021 Irish Council for Social Housing Community Housing Awards, sponsored by Allianz.

The awards took place on September 23 and were presented by the Mayor of Dublin, Alison Gilliand.

COPE Galway has operated a domestic violence service in Galway since 1981 and in 2020 moved to Modh Eile House from their original home, Waterside House.

In 2008 it was determined that Waterside House was no longer suitable for its purpose and after a long search for a place that could meet the needs of women and children, Cope Galway was offered a former convent in Galway City in 2014 which was redeveloped over a period of six years to deliver the premises at the cutting edge of technology available to them today.

The nine apartments used to provide shelter were funded by the Housing Ministry’s capital assistance program, accounting for around 60% of the overall cost of € 4 million – the remaining 40% was funded through the generosity of donors. Galway residents. Shared space and expansive gardens complete Cope Galway’s new home.

Donal McManus, Managing Director of the Irish Council for Social Housing (ICSH), said what motivated the judges to choose Cope Galway’s Modh Eile for the price, was the high quality of the accommodation, its location close to services support and warm and friendly welcome spaces designed in the accommodation

He added saying that ICSH applauds all members of their approved housing organizations and partners from local authorities who submitted nominations during these difficult times, and would like to recognize the support of the Ministry of Housing, local government and the heritage in the realization of these projects.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top