Montgomery grants $ 14,000 to neighborhood projects
The city announced $ 65,000 in grants to support resident-led efforts to improve 14 Montgomery neighborhoods.
Projects range from replacing trees to installing play equipment and improving safety. The city provides $ 500 to $ 5,000 to stimulate everyone as part of the city’s annual neighborhood scholarships.
Projects must respect city codes and involve residents. They can include physical improvements; public safety and public works initiatives; cultural, educational, community and recreational programs; neighborhood plans or studies; and technical support or marketing publications.
This year’s recipients include:
- Arrowhead Homeowners Association for the Beautification of Streets;
- Avalon Park Homeowners Association for Entrance Renovation;
- Capitol Heights Civic Association for physical improvements to the neighborhood;
- Cottage Hill Foundation for a 35 to 40 tree replacement initiative;
- Eastwood Villa Homeowners Association for the acquisition and installation of play equipment;
- Greater Bell Road Neighborhood Association for a landscaping and entrance lighting project;
- Halcyon Oaks Homeowners Association for landscaping needs at the entrance to Taylor Road;
- Hillwood Neighborhood Association for the installation of security cameras;
- Old Cloverdale Association for the physical improvements of the first phase of the Fitzgerald Park project;
- Plantation Estates Neighborhood to install a new neighborhood entrance sign;
- South Hull District Association for a beautification project involving landscaping and exterior improvements;
- Timbers Homeowners Association to replace security cameras;
- Vaughn Meadows Neighborhood Association for beautification and maintenance projects at nine intersections;
- Woodley Park Area Association for Fencing and a community website.
Applications for the next round of grants are open on October 1. You can see more on mgmc3.com/funding-opportunities.
Contact Montgomery Advertiser reporter Brad Harper at [email protected]